db-torque-dev mailing list archives

From "Henning P. Schmiedehausen" <...@intermeta.de>
Subject Re: [vote] plans for 3.1 release
Date Wed, 16 Apr 2003 21:25:40 GMT
"Martin Poeschl" <mpoeschl@marmot.at> writes:

>i think it's time to start doing beta releases again ...

>please vote for the following changes:

>1] replace log4j with commons-logging

>2] deprecate the TorqueDataSourceFactory and the old torque pool

I don't really care about this. If it helps maintainance, then I'm +1

>3] move all (as much as possible) of the logic from the vm templates to
>java code to make it easier to handle (or at least use vm macros)

I thought that having the logic needed at class creation time in the
templates helps with the classes being less loaded and having
duplicated code.

>4] replace the stratum interfaces with the avalon versions (as a first
>step we can change the existing turbine service to use the avalon
>interfaces without using a avalon container)

Ah, what? There is as far as I know no existing Turbine Service
exclusively for Torque, just the ComponentService to load things like
Torque and if you get the Avalon Interfaces, you can simply use the

But I'm +1 on this, I don't think that anyone seriously relies on
Torque implementing Stratum. We must move forward at some pont.