db-torque-dev mailing list archives

From "Henning P. Schmiedehausen" <...@intermeta.de>
Subject Re: [vote] plans for 3.1 release
Date Wed, 16 Apr 2003 21:25:40 GMT
"Martin Poeschl" <mpoeschl@marmot.at> writes:

>i think it's time to start doing beta releases again ...

>please vote for the following changes:

>1] replace log4j with commons-logging

+1

>2] deprecate the TorqueDataSourceFactory and the old torque pool

I don't really care about this. If it helps maintainance, then I'm +1

>3] move all (as much as possible) of the logic from the vm templates to
>java code to make it easier to handle (or at least use vm macros)

I thought that having the logic needed at class creation time in the
templates helps with the classes being less loaded and having
duplicated code.

>4] replace the stratum interfaces with the avalon versions (as a first
>step we can change the existing turbine service to use the avalon
>interfaces without using a avalon container)

Ah, what? There is as far as I know no existing Turbine Service
exclusively for Torque, just the ComponentService to load things like
Torque and if you get the Avalon Interfaces, you can simply use the
AvalonComponentService.

But I'm +1 on this, I don't think that anyone seriously relies on
Torque implementing Stratum. We must move forward at some pont.

>the idea is to release a beta1 when all the changes are in .. in the
>meantime i'll start to do alpha releases (expect alpha1 later this week
>;-)

+1

	Regards
		Henning