db-torque-dev mailing list archives

From "Russell Simpkins" <RussellSimpk...@funnygarbage.com>
Subject RE: Torque generated classes do not compile
Date Tue, 29 Apr 2003 13:57:06 GMT
check the list... someone reported a similar problem a little while back... if i remember correctly
it is an error in your xml schema.  also, i don't think you can do what you want, as was an
answer already posted to the list.

-----Original Message-----
From: Fernando Cesar [mailto:fsilva@synchro.com.br]
Sent: Tuesday, April 29, 2003 7:48 AM
To: torque-dev@db.apache.org
Subject: Torque generated classes do not compile

Hi all,

When I try to compile the classes generated by my database-schema (I use
an Oracle database), I get a big error mesage !!!

The problem is that when a table column belongs to the primary key AND to
the foreign key also (both at the same time), the class "Base<Table>.java"
generates two methods with the same name and without any parameter. The
only difference between the two methods is the return type: one returns
String while the other returns KeyBase.

This generates an exception "TorqueException: Method xxxx<> is already
defined in yyy.class"

This is sad but this is true.... the Torque's generated code do NOT
compile.

Can somebody, help me???

Regards,
Fernando.