db-torque-dev mailing list archives

From "Russell Simpkins" <RussellSimpk...@funnygarbage.com>
Subject RE: Getting torque to log debug information - how?
Date Tue, 29 Apr 2003 13:55:19 GMT
So... you already verified that your Torque.properties file is in fact being read and is correct?
And you verified that in your jsp or main class you do the following

    if (org.apache.torque.Torque.isInit()==false) {
        org.apache.torque.Torque.init(application.getInitParameter("torque-properties-path"));
    }
One thing I found was that when you init Torque, it does not use the classpath to find the
torque.properties file, it uses the System.getProperty("user.dir"), so it is wise to point
to the full path/file location of your proerties file.

hope that helps.

Russ
-----Original Message-----
From: Graham Leggett [mailto:minfrin@sharp.fm]
Sent: Tuesday, April 29, 2003 8:45 AM
To: Turbine Torque Developers List
Subject: Getting torque to log debug information - how?

Hi all,

I have configured torque v3.0 to create OM objects, and it successfully
connects to my postgres database to create my schema using maven torque:sql.

The OM objects however refuse to work. A successful connection is not
made to my database - a tcpdump shows that torque is not even trying. It
eventually times out the attempt to connect to whatever mystery database
it is trying to connect to, and then bombs out with this vague exception:

NullPointerException: Connection object was null. This could be due to a
misconfiguration of the DataSourceFactory. Check the logs and
Torque.properties to better determine the cause.

Is there a way of finding out where this mysterious logfile is that the
exception refers to? Is there a way of finding out what database torque
is really trying to connect to?

Regards,
Graham