db-torque-dev mailing list archives

From EP...@upstate.com
Subject RE: [vote] plans for 3.1 release
Date Wed, 16 Apr 2003 16:52:25 GMT
I can definitely help with testing for 3.1.  And documenting any changes
needed for 3.0 -> 3.1.

Eric Pugh

-----Original Message-----
From: Martin Poeschl [mailto:mpoeschl@marmot.at]
Sent: Wednesday, April 16, 2003 12:14 PM
To: torque-dev@db.apache.org
Subject: [vote] plans for 3.1 release

i think it's time to start doing beta releases again ...

please vote for the following changes:

1] replace log4j with commons-logging
+1  I think this is a great enhancement.

2] deprecate the TorqueDataSourceFactory and the old torque pool
+1 Can anyone however provide a use of a container managed pool and maybe
recommend what pool to use from DBCP?

3] move all (as much as possible) of the logic from the vm templates to
java code to make it easier to handle (or at least use vm macros)
+0

4] replace the stratum interfaces with the avalon versions (as a first
step we can change the existing turbine service to use the avalon
interfaces without using a avalon container)
+1