db-torque-dev mailing list archives

From Graham Leggett <minf...@sharp.fm>
Subject Re: Getting torque to log debug information - how?
Date Tue, 29 Apr 2003 14:31:55 GMT
Russell Simpkins wrote:

> So... you already verified that your Torque.properties file is in fact being read and
is correct?

My torque properties file looks like this:

log4j.rootCategory = DEBUG, patricia
log4j.appender.patricia = org.apache.log4j.FileAppender
log4j.appender.patricia.file = ./torque.log
log4j.appender.patricia.layout = org.apache.log4j.SimpleLayout

torque.database.default=patricia
torque.database.patricia.driver = org.postgresql.Driver
torque.database.patricia.url = jdbc:postgresql://192.168.200.150/patricia
torque.database.patricia.username = fma
torque.database.patricia.password = password

Is this a valid torque.properties file? I can find no documentation
anywhere (apart from an example in the tutorial) that documents this file.

> And you verified that in your jsp or main class you do the following
>
>     if (org.apache.torque.Torque.isInit()==false) {
>         org.apache.torque.Torque.init(application.getInitParameter("torque-properties-path"));
>     }

All I use is this in my command line application:

Torque.init("./torque.properties");

The file torque.properties exists in the directory in which the command
line app is being run, and no exceptions are thrown of any kind saying
there is a problem with the file.

However this file cannot have been read, because a tcpdump shows no
connections made to any database on 192.168.200.150.

Any clues?

Regards,
Graham
minfrin@sharp.fm		"There's a moon