db-torque-dev mailing list archives

From Graham Leggett <minf...@sharp.fm>
Subject Getting torque to log debug information - how?
Date Tue, 29 Apr 2003 12:45:23 GMT
Hi all,

I have configured torque v3.0 to create OM objects, and it successfully
connects to my postgres database to create my schema using maven torque:sql.

The OM objects however refuse to work. A successful connection is not
made to my database - a tcpdump shows that torque is not even trying. It
eventually times out the attempt to connect to whatever mystery database
it is trying to connect to, and then bombs out with this vague exception:

NullPointerException: Connection object was null. This could be due to a
misconfiguration of the DataSourceFactory. Check the logs and
Torque.properties to better determine the cause.

Is there a way of finding out where this mysterious logfile is that the
exception refers to? Is there a way of finding out what database torque
is really trying to connect to?

Regards,
Graham
minfrin@sharp.fm		"There's a moon