db-torque-dev mailing list archives

From "Fernando Cesar" <fsi...@synchro.com.br>
Subject TorqueException: Sequence does not exist
Date Wed, 23 Apr 2003 16:41:46 GMT
Hi,

I am trying to use the Torque tutorial, but I am experiencing big problems
in step 4: "Writting  a sample application".

I call the "save" method from my generated class "BaseSynSistema", the
"BasePeer" class calls the "doInsert" method and a "TorqueException:
ORA-02289: sequence does not exist" occours.

Here is my "save" method:
public void save(String dbName) throws TorqueException
    {
        DBConnection dbCon = null;
         try
        {
            dbCon = BasePeer.beginTransaction(dbName);
            save(dbCon);
        }
        catch(TorqueException e)
        {
            BasePeer.rollBackTransaction(dbCon);
            throw e;
        }
        BasePeer.commitTransaction(dbCon);
     }

Here is the StackTrace from the error:
java.sql.SQLException: ORA-02289: sequence does not exist
 at oracle.jdbc.dbaccess.DBError.throwSqlException(DBError.java:187)
 at oracle.jdbc.ttc7.TTIoer.processError(TTIoer.java:241)
 at oracle.jdbc.ttc7.Oall7.receive(Oall7.java:543)
 at oracle.jdbc.ttc7.TTC7Protocol.doOall7(TTC7Protocol.java:1477)
 at
oracle.jdbc.ttc7.TTC7Protocol.parseExecuteDescribe(TTC7Protocol.java:677)
 at
oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleStatement.doExecuteQuery(OracleStatement.java:2285)
 at
oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleStatement.doExecuteWithTimeout(OracleStatement.java
:2525)
 at
oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleStatement.executeQuery(OracleStatement.java:717)
 at com.workingdogs.village.QueryDataSet.<init>(Unknown Source)
 at
org.apache.torque.oid.SequenceIdGenerator.getIdAsVillageValue(SequenceIdGene
rator.java:189)
 at
org.apache.torque.oid.SequenceIdGenerator.getIdAsString(SequenceIdGenerator.
java:140)
 at org.apache.torque.util.BasePeer.doInsert(BasePeer.java:879)
 at
org.apache.torque.BaseSynSistemaPeer.doInsert(BaseSynSistemaPeer.java:174)
 at
org.apache.torque.BaseSynSistemaPeer.doInsert(BaseSynSistemaPeer.java:459)
 at org.apache.torque.BaseSynSistema.save(BaseSynSistema.java:248)
 at org.apache.torque.BaseSynSistema.save(BaseSynSistema.java:213)
 at org.apache.torque.BaseSynSistema.save(BaseSynSistema.java:196)
 at org.apache.torque.Teste.main(Teste.java:32)
rethrown as org.apache.torque.TorqueException: ORA-02289: sequence does not
exist
 at org.apache.torque.util.BasePeer.doInsert(BasePeer.java:885)
 at
org.apache.torque.BaseSynSistemaPeer.doInsert(BaseSynSistemaPeer.java:174)
 at
org.apache.torque.BaseSynSistemaPeer.doInsert(BaseSynSistemaPeer.java:459)
 at org.apache.torque.BaseSynSistema.save(BaseSynSistema.java:248)
 at org.apache.torque.BaseSynSistema.save(BaseSynSistema.java:213)
 at org.apache.torque.BaseSynSistema.save(BaseSynSistema.java:196)
 at org.apache.torque.Teste.main(Teste.java:32)

Sequence?? What sequence?? My table doesn´t use any sequence.
Is this a known error? The tutorial is very simple and I do not believe
I´m doing something wrong...

Thanks ,
Fernando