db-torque-dev mailing list archives

From "Tim Clotworthy" <tclotwor...@bka-inc.com>
Subject How does Torque framework adjust to evolving DB schema?
Date Tue, 25 Mar 2003 20:48:35 GMT
Perhaps I am missing something in the documentation, but I only see how
to install and setup Torque, not how to keep the various objects in
synch with an evolving DB schema. For instance, as tables are added and
removed, fields are added to existing tables, etc. How does Torque
adapt?

A DB schema can't realistically be maintained in XML (*-schema.xml, or
whatever the Torque schema file is). A DB is maintained by DBAs through
sql scripts or through tools like Erwin, not with XML.

Is there some cache of documentation I am overlooking here, or is Torque
not intended for real databases that must scale? I would greatly
appreciate it if anyone can direct me to how Torque addresses an
evolving database.  Thanks very much.