db-torque-dev mailing list archives

From "Henning P. Schmiedehausen" <...@intermeta.de>
Subject Re: Getting bad connections from Torque
Date Thu, 09 Jan 2003 17:49:53 GMT
"Quinton McCombs" <qmccombs@nequalsone.com> writes:

>I have seen that behavior as well.  When the database is restarted, the
>app must be restarted as well.  I think that Torque should be able to
>recover from it without a restart though.....

Well, at least the torque internal pool (don't know about the Jdbc2 one)
has an isValid() method but it actually says

--- cut ---
        // all this code is commented out because
        // connection.getConnection() is called when the connection
        // is returned to the pool and it will open a new logical Connection
        // which does not get closed, then when it is called again
        // when a connection is requested it likely fails because a
        // new Connection has been requested and the old one is still
        // open.  need to either do it right or skip it.  null check
        // was not working either.

which sucks. :-) You're right, Torque should check at pool checkout
time (not at check in time, don't know what the author smoked when he
wrote this)

This is a bug. I might look into this later this week.

	Regards
		Henning