db-torque-dev mailing list archives

From "Marc Lustig" <m...@marclustig.com>
Subject how to map Peer.field-name --> BO-member
Date Tue, 14 Jan 2003 13:20:20 GMT
Hi,
I'm simply trying to get a field from a torque-object by field-name.
How is this done?

More specifically, how do I actually map between the member of the BO and
the name of the field?

An example:
ProductPeer has: public static final String ORT; // the field name
Product has member: private byte ort=0;

What I need is a method in Product that looks like this:
Object getMemberByFieldName(String fieldname); // fieldname should refer to
ProductPeer

in my case: getMemberByFieldName("ORT") should return product.ort;

Can somebody please advise me about a solution that is available?

Remark: BaseObject.getByName(java.lang.String field) does not contain any
generic functionality at all.

Thanks in advance.
Marc