db-torque-dev mailing list archives

From Scott Eade <se...@backstagetech.com.au>
Subject Re: Generating join methods - is there a bug?
Date Tue, 21 Jan 2003 05:09:17 GMT
I tracked this down to the following change:

http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs/jakarta-turbine-torque/src/templates/om/Object
.vm.diff?r1=1.40&r2=1.41&diff_format=h

By adding some debugging code I have found that for me the "!" on the line
that was added:

    #set ( $doJoinGet = !$tblFK2.isForReferenceOnly())

Doesn't work (i.e. "!false" is the same as "false").

If I replace the above line with:

    #if ($tblFK2.isForReferenceOnly())
        #set ($doJoinGet = false)
    #else
        #set ($doJoinGet = false)
    #end

Then everything works fine - i.e. the Join methods I am expecting are
generated.

So does the "!false" syntax work for anyone?

I'll submit a patch anyway.

Cheers,

Scott
--