db-torque-dev mailing list archives

From Scott Eade <se...@backstagetech.com.au>
Subject Generating join methods - is there a bug?
Date Tue, 21 Jan 2003 04:11:02 GMT
Is it just me or does Torque 2.2 no longer generate join methods?  The code
exists in om,Object.vm, but I don't think it is ever being invoked.

Has anyone had a method get${relCol}Join${relCol2} generated by Torque 2.2
(where relCol is an entity whose foreign key is declared in the schema for
that current object and relCol2 is a third entity whose foreign key is
declared in the schema for relCol)?

I think there may be a bug in om,Object.vm that mucks up the check to see if
relCol2 is the same as the entity currently being generated (it only seems
to be evaluated for the first fk defined for relCol which is always (at
least in my case) the object being generated - and hence the methods are
never generated).

I'll keep looking, but I am interested to know if anyone else has also hit
this problem.

Cheers,

Scott
--