db-torque-dev mailing list archives

From Martin Poeschl <mpoes...@marmot.at>
Subject Re: cvs commit: jakarta-turbine-torque/src/rttest/org/apache/torque/util CopyTest.java LargeSelectTest.java
Date Fri, 10 Jan 2003 13:43:11 GMT
henning@apache.org wrote:

>henning     2003/01/09 09:46:22
>
>  Modified:    .        build-legacy.xml
>               notes    PoolTest.java
>               src/java/org/apache/torque Torque.java
>               src/java/org/apache/torque/dsfactory
>                        AbstractDataSourceFactory.java
>                        Jdbc2PoolDataSourceFactory.java
>                        JndiDataSourceFactory.java
>                        TorqueDataSourceFactory.java
>               src/java/org/apache/torque/manager AbstractBaseManager.java
>                        MethodResultCache.java
>               src/java/org/apache/torque/oid IDBroker.java
>                        SequenceIdGenerator.java
>               src/java/org/apache/torque/om BaseObject.java
>               src/java/org/apache/torque/pool ConnectionPool.java
>               src/java/org/apache/torque/util BasePeer.java Criteria.java
>                        LargeSelect.java Transaction.java
>               src/rttest/org/apache/torque DataTest.java
>               src/rttest/org/apache/torque/util CopyTest.java
>                        LargeSelectTest.java
>  Log:
>  - Removed all Category references from the code and replaced with log4j
>    logger as Category is deprecated and will be gone shortly according to
>    the log4j javadocs.
>
>  - kept the log() method in BaseObject because it is user visible but
>    deprecated it and added a getLog() method which returns a Logger object
>
>  The whole shebang might cry for commons-logging though.

this breaks torque!!

in BasePeer category was renamend to logger .. but category is used
within the templates ... so the generated code doesn't work :-(

woulnd't it be better to deprecate category and add a getLog() method as
in BaseObject??

why do we have category + logger in BaseObject???  ther should be only
one logger!!

martin