db-torque-dev mailing list archives

From "Lach, Thierry" <Thierry.L...@bbdodetroit.com>
Subject RE: Reserved words
Date Mon, 09 Dec 2002 14:44:19 GMT
Making the list database specific would run the risk of allowing
development against one database but not allowing deployment against a
different one.

-----Original Message-----
From: Henning P. Schmiedehausen [mailto:hps@intermeta.de]
Sent: Monday, December 09, 2002 9:42 AM
To: turbine-torque-dev@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: Re: Reserved words

Martin Poeschl <mpoeschl@marmot.at> writes:

>Jon Scott Stevens wrote:

>>I always see us make commits for fixing reserved words in databases.
>>
>>Why not come up with a .properties file of reserved words for each
>>database and then as part of the initial load of the .xml file, simply

>>query that file and see if one of the column/table names conflicts
>>with the database of reserved words...we can have a property which
>>turns this feature on or off (for example, some people might not that
>>db2 conflicts with oracle or something like that...)
>>
>>-jon
>>
>how will this work if i want to make sure my app runs with different
>databases?? (e.g. jetspeed)

As I understood jon, this list would be as database specific as e.g. the
SQL dialect understood be the engine. So the wordlist would be tied to
the adapter for the database.

I'm definitely +1 on this. We might even have some sort of closure (set
of all words forbidden in all databases, which will help your problem).

	Regards
		Henning

--
Dipl.-Inf. (Univ.) Henning P. Schmiedehausen       -- Geschaeftsfuehrer
INTERMETA - Gesellschaft fuer Mehrwertdienste mbH     hps@intermeta.de

Am Schwabachgrund 22  Fon.: 09131 / 50654-0   info@intermeta.de
D-91054 Buckenhof     Fax.: 09131 / 50654-20