db-torque-dev mailing list archives

From Prescott R. Balch <presc...@prescottbalch.org>
Subject Re: addAscendingOrderBy problem
Date Wed, 18 Dec 2002 17:06:27 GMT

The column does not allow null and I double-checked that none of the
rows contained nulls.

The code that the stackTrace points to is this (line 1219 to be
precise).  What's interesting is that if I replicate the relevant code
in my program, I can't find anything that would cause the
nullPointerException.

1210                 if (column.getType() instanceof String)
1211                 {
1212                     if (spacePos == -1)
1213                     {
1214                         orderByClause.add(
1215
db.ignoreCaseInOrderBy(orderByColumn));
1216                     }
1217                     else
1218                     {
1219                         orderByClause.add(
1220                             db.ignoreCaseInOrderBy(
1221                                 orderByColumn.substring(0,
spacePos))
1222                                 +
orderByColumn.substring(spacePos));
1223                     }
1224                     selectClause.add(
1225                         db.ignoreCaseInOrderBy(table + '.' +
columnName));
1226                 }
1227                 else
1228                 {
1229                     orderByClause.add(orderByColumn);
1230                 }