db-torque-dev mailing list archives

From "James A. Hillyerd" <ja...@hillyerd.com>
Subject Re: [vote] plans for torque 3.1
Date Mon, 09 Dec 2002 19:49:22 GMT
On Sun, 2002-12-08 at 06:18, Martin Poeschl wrote:
> i posted my plans for the next version of torque some weeks ago .. now
> it's voting time ;-)
>
> o remove all deprecated stuff (+ code cleanup)
>
> o switch to commons-logging
>
> o remove the legacy build (if we really need an ant build let's improve
> the maven generated ant build files .. it's a real pain to keep both
> versions up to date)
>
> o seperate the generation and runtime parts of torque (move the
> generator to src/generator)

I'm not sure if contributors can vote, but I +4 all of the above.

Do you think some of the template refactoring (proposed by Stephen
Haberman I think) should take place in this release, or wait for 4.0?

-james

--
James A. Hillyerd <james@hillyerd.com>
Java Software Engineer - http://www.whynotown.com/