db-torque-dev mailing list archives

From Henning Schmiedehausen <...@intermeta.de>
Subject RE: Reserved words
Date Mon, 09 Dec 2002 14:52:27 GMT
Yep. That's why I think (and I think that was Martins' idea, too) of a
closure list which contains all the words from all adapters. But Jons
idea of keeping database-specific list would help IMHO because an Oracle
guru knows best which words are reserved in Oracle and a MySQL expert
knows this for MySQL. So let each of them be able to work on their word
lists and the pull them into one large "forbidden words" list at startup
time.

However, IMHO (and my experience), developing on one and deploying on
another database is a bad idea anyway. :-)

I will definitely take a peek at OJB soon. It seems to address some
concerns that I have with Torque quite nicely.

	Regards
		Henning