db-torque-dev mailing list archives

From Edgar González <...@valhallaproject.com>
Subject Please consider not remove deprecated methods in Torque.java
Date Fri, 13 Dec 2002 17:45:24 GMT
Hi,
Recently some deprecated methods in Torque.java was removed. One of these methods are:

public static Connection getConnection(String name, String username, String password) throws
TorqueException

We have several applications that use these method, because the authentication is based on
the database, and every user use his own credentials to access the database.

IMHO, if the javax.sql.DataSource and javax.sql.ConnectionPoolDataSource define a method getConnection
with credentials as arguments, why remove this method from Torque?,

Please consider not remove this method.

Thanks

Edgar Gonzalez Gonzalez
VALHALLA Project, s.a.
Chief Technology Officer
Web: www.valhallaproject.com
E-mail: egg@valhallaproject.com
Phone: +58-212-242.4379 / 6662 / 4055 / 6475
Fax: +58-212-242.6809

"The limits of my language mean the limits of my world."
Ludwig Wittgenstein