db-torque-dev mailing list archives

From "Will Glass-Husain" <wgl...@forio.com>
Subject RE: Reserved words
Date Thu, 12 Dec 2002 19:37:41 GMT
Hi,

I just wanted to note that there is a different case of conflicts with
reserved words, that of reserved words in Java.  If your database has a
field that has the same name as a java reserved word (e.g. "class") the OM
files will not generate.  Changing the "javaname" property does not help, as
the problem is in the static constants.

This patch...

[SOURCE] Issue #TRQS87 - patch OM templates to avoid name conflict,
http://www.mail-archive.com/turbine-torque-dev%40jakarta.apache.org/msg01824
.html

addresses the issue.  I note there's a backlog of patches, but as it hasn't
been acted on in 2 weeks I'd like to call it to the committers attention.

Thanks for all your efforts.

WILL

Forio Business Simulations
Will Glass-Husain