db-torque-dev mailing list archives

From Martin Poeschl <mpoes...@marmot.at>
Subject my plans for torque and turbine
Date Fri, 29 Nov 2002 11:51:29 GMT
we still need some votes for the torque 3.0 and turbine 2.2 release!!!!

so what should happen after the release???

we should release more often! > 12 month between releases is to much!
as nobody seems to be working on turbine-3 and summit/plexus is not
ready to use i'll continue to work on the turbine-2 codebase

here are my plans:

* switch to commons-logging (torque and turbine)
* remove all deprecated stuff (torque and turbine)
* seperate the generation part of torque
* find a way to use torque generator to generate om/peer classes using ojb
* more tests!!!
* kill the tdk .. we allready have a maven-plugin for torque .. i think
it would be better to write a turbine-plugin and kill the tdk
* replace TurbineResources with commons-configuration

i'm not sure what should happen with the services ... we can use fulcrum
services and remove the services from turbine-2

i think torque 3.1 and turbine 2.3 should be released about 3 month
after the 3.0/2.2 releases

martin