db-torque-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Martin Poeschl <mpoes...@marmot.at>
Subject Re: [PATCH] Fixes and enhancements for the sql2xml task
Date Fri, 29 Nov 2002 11:37:59 GMT
Andreou Andreas wrote:

> Martin Poeschl wrote:
>
>> what was the problem with the jdbc task???? 
>
>
> don't know yet...I'll try to look at it today...maybe I'm not setting
> parameters correctly, but I tried to have the jdbc task connect to
> Oracle and Sap (which it correctly did) and then generate the
> corresponding shema.xml (which it DOESN'T)
>
>> you only tested for oracle??
>>
> No.
> My own sql scripts are mainly for oracle (cause that's what we use at 
> the university)
> and I tested heavily on them and they all pass and create correct xmls.
> Then I had torque create sql scripts from the above xmls, from those
> included with the source (id-table-schema.xml) and also from hand made 
> xmls.
> I told it to create the scripts for both postgres and then oracle.
> Using those scripts, I finally run the sql2xml task again and they 
> pass ok.
> I also tested the postgres sql script that comes with jive.
> So, till now I've tested on postgres and oracle sripts.
> I'm planning on testing the task with many other scripts + for other 
> kinds
> of DBs (i.e. mySql) and making a junit test to automate this process... 

cool!
if you send the tests i'll checkin your changes :-)

as i want to release 3.0 soon .. i think this will be included in 3.1 
... i'll send a mail about my plans for future releases later today ..

martin



Mime
View raw message