db-ojb-user mailing list archives

From "Jason Ferguson" <fergusonja...@gmail.com>
Subject Configuring JNDI Data Source
Date Tue, 03 Jun 2008 20:25:20 GMT
 I have an application in maintenance that uses OJB, while the newer
version to be deployed will use hibernate. However, I have to issue a
maintenance release, and know nothing about OJB.

I have a database URL hard-coded into the repository-database.xml
file, which I am trying to convert to use a JNDI datasource defined on
the server. I've defined the datasource, but the updates to
repository-database.xml are not working. They fail with:

org.apache.ojb.broker.PBFactoryException: There was no default-PBKey specified

The repository-database.xml file looks like this:

<jdbc-connection-descriptor
        jcd-alias="dataSource"
        default-connection="true"
        platform="Oracle9i"
        jdbc-level="2.0"
        protocol="jdbc"
        jndi-datasource-name="jdbc/appDataSource"
        batch-mode="false"
        useAutoCommit="1"
        ignoreAutoCommitExceptions="false">

    <object-cache class="org.apache.ojb.broker.cache.ObjectCacheDefaultImpl">
        <attribute attribute-name="timeout" attribute-value="900"/>
        <attribute attribute-name="autoSync" attribute-value="true"/>
        <attribute attribute-name="cachingKeyType" attribute-value="0"/>
    </object-cache>

    <sequence-manager
className="org.apache.ojb.broker.util.sequence.SequenceManagerNextValImpl">
        <attribute attribute-name="autoNaming" attribute-value="false"/>
    </sequence-manager>

</jdbc-connection-descriptor>

I really have no time to learn OJB, I just need to fix this particular
issue for a maintenance release. Can anyone help?

Jason