db-ojb-user mailing list archives

From Armin Waibel <arm...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Optimizing object materialization for 1:N relations
Date Thu, 07 Feb 2008 01:06:29 GMT
Hi Tino,

Tino Schöllhorn wrote:
> Hi,
>
> we are using OJB-1.0.1 and evertything works fine. Now I have the
> following situation:
>
> We have a security-mechanism which uses the classes ACL
> (AccessControlList) and ACLEntry. One ACL has many ACLEntries. Now  when
> using the standard OJB-Materialization methods OJB uses 2 SQLs to
> materialize on ACL. One for the ACL and one for the ACLEntry.
>
> Because we have MANY of those ACLs I am curious if it is possible to
> overwrite the materialization-method so that just one SQL is used. I
> thought about using "Prefeteched Relationships" but I noticed that there
> are also 2 SQLs.

The "Prefeteched Relationships" is useful if you search for more than
one ACL, then OJB is able to reduce the queries to read the ACLEntries:
http://db.apache.org/ojb/docu/guides/query.html#prefetched+relationships
The upcoming version 1.0.5 use "Prefeteched Relationships" for all 1:n
relations.

> Any ideas or even example how I could achieve that?

Sorry no.

regards,
Armin