db-ojb-user mailing list archives

From Tino Schöllhorn <t.schoellh...@plattform-gmbh.de>
Subject Finding Broker/Connection leak
Date Mon, 31 Jul 2006 18:07:32 GMT
Hi,

I have a situation where we are running out of PersistenceBrokers (using
1.0.1). We have a web application which so far runs fine - but somehow
some requests are causing the application not to close its PB.

We can see this when we are monitoring the used connections of mysql
which are slowly growing - even if we are using ConnectionPooling. These
  connection are on the state SLEEP for quite a long time and seem never
to be closed.

At some point the application runs out of PB (we are using size 100 of
the PB-Pool).

So it seems (quite obviously) that some PBs are not cleanly handled.

Do you have any advice for us finding those leaks?

Does it do any good when we "tune" mysql that it discards connections
which are quite old (via property "max_timeout")? Is OJB discaring those
PBs whose connections have died ?

I am glad for any suggestions.

Tino