db-ojb-user mailing list archives

From "Laran Evans" <la...@elevasoft.com>
Subject optimistic locking problems
Date Thu, 18 Aug 2005 17:20:29 GMT
I'm getting optimistic lock exceptions when saving an object. But, the
exception only comes up occasionally. It happens maybe 3 out of every 4
runs.

The object has 3 lists of objects, all of which are persisted as well.
Before saving the parent object all version numbers are null. After saving
1) the parent object and all elements of two of the collections have a
version number of 1. 2) the elements of the third collection have version
numbers of 2.

Can anyone spot from my simple description any potential optimistic locking
issues?

Many thanks,

- laran