db-ojb-user mailing list archives

From Claude.Glau...@bit.admin.ch
Subject CMT and OJB
Date Fri, 10 Jun 2005 14:27:08 GMT
Hi,

I have an application server WebSphere 5.1 and I must do Container Managed
Transactions (CMT) with OJB. There is only PB-API involved. Unfortunately,
there is very little  documentation on this topic. Now my question:

If I don't call the method PersistenceBroker.beginTransaction() and
PersistenceBroker.commitTransaction() everything seems to work. Rollbacks
work. But there is a warning message similar to: "WARN: No tx found. Please
use tx to avoid side effects...".  What are those sideeffects? Is there some
cleanup OJB does while committing? I've seen some hashtable activity stuff
in the OJB-sourcode. We don't use OJB-Cache.

Why has OJB to be "transaction aware" at all, since I don't use OJB-Cache.

Thx for your replies!