db-ojb-user mailing list archives

From "Oscar Herrera S" <oherr...@studiocom.com>
Subject RE: Problem borrowing a connection from pool
Date Tue, 07 Jun 2005 14:37:22 GMT
Hello Martin. I just wanted to thank you a lot for your help; indeed it
solved the problem,

Oscar Herrera S.
Developer
studiocom
_________
Disclaimer: This e-mail message is intended only to its recipient(s). If by
mistake you receive this e-mail please delete it and let me know. You are
not allowed to use any information contained here for yours or others
purposes, neither to reproduce the whole message or any part of it or its
attachments without my written authorization. Information contained in this
message cannot be taken as an official position from any organization the
author belongs to. All rights reserved, Oscar Herrera S. 2004. Any violation
to this disclaimer will be prosecuted to the last extent of the law.

-----Original Message-----
From: Martin Kalén [mailto:mkalen@apache.org]
Sent: Tuesday, June 07, 2005 4:03 AM
To: OJB Users List
Cc: OJB Developers List
Subject: Re: Problem borrowing a connection from pool

Martin Kalén wrote:
> You are running OJB in a JVM with a security policy. The security policy
in
> effect does not allow OJB to programmatically change the access level of
> the ConnectionManager implementation's constructor.
>
> You will need to add something like this to your security policy:
>
>  permission java.lang.reflect.ReflectPermission "suppressAccessChecks";

Google reveals that other user's have been experiencing the same problem:
     http://forum.java.sun.com/thread.jspa?messageID=3614844

...and that this seems to be OJB regression between 1.0rc4 and 1.0.1

ConnectionManagerImpl has a public constructor, why do we need to use
setAccessible? IMO it is a bad OJB pattern to use setAccessible and
allow non-public constructors to be accessed from
ConfigurableFactory#createNewInstance.
Any other developers care to comment on this on the dev-list?

I would say that ClassHelper methods using setAccessible(true) should
be removed, unless there is very good reason or major refactor effort
to prevent it.

Regards,
  Martin