db-ojb-user mailing list archives

From "Hiller, Frank RD-AS2" <Frank.Hil...@heidelberg.com>
Subject AW: AW: Location of repository.xml
Date Tue, 14 Jun 2005 08:37:24 GMT
Hi Tom,

yes, this is an additional alternative. I didn't check yet what my "installer guy" says.
The most elegant way would be OJB first searches for repository.xml in the same directory
where OJB.properties is located.

Cheers..........Frank

-----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Thomas Dudziak [mailto:tomdzk@gmail.com]
Gesendet: Dienstag, 14. Juni 2005 10:22
An: OJB Users List
Betreff: Re: AW: Location of repository.xml

> you're right, but I can not put the config files into WEB-INF/classes.
> The installer has to enter the path to the database (server name, port) into repository_database.xml
during the installation. It should not unpack the WAR file, enter the path and pack the WAR
file before deploying.

> The "dirty way" of defining an absolute path would work for me.

But wouldn't that defeat the purpose of having an installer ?
The installer could perform the deploy by unpacking the WAR file into the webapps folder of
tomcat (that's what tomcat would do anyway), and then you can create/adjust the configuration
there.

Tom