db-ojb-user mailing list archives

From Laurent SIMON <l.we...@artis.fr>
Subject RE: Method isDeleted(Identity) in TransactionImpl class
Date Thu, 23 Jun 2005 07:14:32 GMT
Ok, thank you for your help. I'll change the code for using TransactionExt
instead of TransactionImpl as soon as possible. I think i'll wait for OJB
1.0.4. Do you have an idea of when it'll be released ?

-----Message d'origine-----
De : Armin Waibel [mailto:arminw@apache.org]
Envoyé : mercredi 22 juin 2005 23:02
À : OJB Users List
Objet : Re: Method isDeleted(Identity) in TransactionImpl class

Laurent SIMON wrote:
> I don't speak English very well and I did not understand exactly what you
> wanna say in the last paragraph...  In fact, the part of the code which
uses
> this method isn't my work, but the person who has written it left the
> society so i can't ask him for information.

I only want to explain that in specific rare situations (with specific
configuration setting) the re-introduced method #isDeleted(Identity)
return 'false' for a specified object Identity but nevertheless on
commit the object will be deleted. I don't want to confuse you, so
please ignore this hint ;-)

> The study of his code would take very much time to me, and i don't speak
> about the risks of regressions...  It will be easy for me that you
> re-introduce this method as you proposed it.

I re-introduce the method and checked in the changes in CVS 1.0.x branch
(branch is tagged as OJB_1_0_RELEASE). Please check out the
OJB_1_0_RELEASE branch (otherwise you have to wait for 1.0.4).

I strongly recommend using TransactionExt instead of TransactionImpl to
get access to #isDeleted

TransactionExt tx = (TransactionExt) odmg.newTransaction()

more info about OJB's odmg extensions:
http://db.apache.org/ojb/docu/guides/odmg-guide.html#OJB+Extensions+of+ODMG

regards,
Armin