db-ojb-user mailing list archives

From Danilo Tommasina <dtommas...@risksys.com>
Subject Re: OutOfMemoryError
Date Thu, 23 Jun 2005 13:39:27 GMT
Hi,

this is actually not an OJB specific question and a google search can deliver you faster responses
than a mailing list ;)
anyways look at this link, here you can find a good list of JVM options for Sun's JDKs:
http://blogs.sun.com/roller/resources/watt/jvm-options-list.html
You are porbably interested into following options:
-Xmx<size> set maximum Java heap size
The following option will allow you to tune a little your application if you already know
the approximative amount of memory your app. will use:
-Xms<size> set initial Java heap size
And this one will set the size of the PermGen (permanent generation, default is 64 MB), it
is usually not needed to tune this value unless you (class-)load a
large number of different classes and use lot of constants and interned Strings.
-XX:MaxPermSize=<value>

bye
danilo