db-ojb-user mailing list archives

From Armin Waibel <arm...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Method isDeleted(Identity) in TransactionImpl class
Date Wed, 22 Jun 2005 11:14:38 GMT
Hi Lorrain,

Laurent SIMON wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm using Ojb since version RC5 encapsulated in a persistent framework in a
> large J2EE application.
> I try to migrate to the higher versions earliest after each release, but I
> have a problem since version 1.0.3.  Indeed, method isDeleted(Identity) of
> the class TransactionImpl has been removed whereas I use it in my framework.
> Why was it deleted without passing by the state deprecated?

We did a huge odmg-implementation refactoring between 1.0.1 and 1.0.3
(and some more bug fixes will be included in upcoming 1.0.4). I don't
know that TransactionImpl#isDeleted was used as a "official" method,
that's the reason why it was not deprecated.

Now all OJB specific extensions of the odmg-api are encapsulated in the
OJB extension classes (ImplementationExt, TransactionExt, EnhancedOQLQuery).

I can add a method #isDeleted to TransactionExt (this is the recommended
way to use odmg-api extensions) this also (re-)introduce the method in
TransactionImpl.

Could you tell me why you need this method? There is a pitfall when
using this method because it could happen that OJB detect removed
objects as recently as the tx commits. E.g. when you remove some objects
in a 1:n relation.

regards,
Armin