db-ojb-user mailing list archives

From Martin Kalén <mka...@apache.org>
Subject Re: OJB 1.0.3 error reading Oracle LONG through reference
Date Mon, 20 Jun 2005 09:43:29 GMT
Ravi Aramanethota wrote:
> I am trying to upgrade our application from OJB 0.97 to OJB 1.0.3.
>
> When I try to read objects with database column type LONG in oracle I
> get
>
> the exception "java.sql.SQLException: Stream has already been closed".
> This happens only when this abject is retrieved as reference from
> other objects. If the LONG values are retrieved in  ojbConcreteClass, it
> works fine.

Oracle has some constraints with the order of columns read from a ResultSet
if any columns are of type BLOB, CLOB, LONGVARBINARY (and more?). Do you
have any such "large" columns in your object or the object referencing this
one?

You can try to use the ordering attribute of the repository.xml to
make sure columns are read in the right order. If you still don't get it to
work, use P6Spy to debug which SQL statements OJB sends to Oracle.

If you find out through P6Spy that your particular setup causes OJB to
select the same value column from the ResultSet more than once, you
can update from CVS on branch OJB_1_0_RELEASE since Armin has recently
fixed a problem related to this.

Regards,
  Martin