db-ojb-user mailing list archives

From Danilo Tommasina <dtommas...@risksys.com>
Subject Re: AW: Location of repository.xml
Date Tue, 14 Jun 2005 07:27:29 GMT
Hi Frank,

I do not see why it should make a difference if your app is delivered in a WAR file, if you
put your OJB.properties and repository.xml in the WEB-INF/classes
you will not need any extra configuration, it is up to the servlet container to load the files
directly from the WAR file or from the unpacked application. You
do not need to set any absolute paths.

bye
danilo

> Thanks Thomas, that works fine.
> The problem for me is my webapp is installed by an installer as a WAR file. When Tomcat
starts up the WAR file is extracted and OJB has to find it's configuration. So my idea was
to install the configuration files in a separate folder outside the home directory of my webapp.
I added the config directory to the classpath, but this does not help.

> So I think I have two choices:
> 1. Let the installer set "repositoryFile" in OJB.properties to the correct path.
> 2. Put the repository.xml into WEB-INF/classes, as you suggested.
>
> Or is there a third one?
>
> Thanks................Frank
>
> -----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----

files, which is WEB-INF or - for resources loaded from the classpath as OJB does - WEB-INF/classes.
If you put your files in there, OJB will find the files automatically (when using the default
configuration), and it will be guaranteed to be portable across servlet containers.