db-ojb-user mailing list archives

From Martin Kalén <mka...@apache.org>
Subject Re: ThreadLocal causing memory leak
Date Thu, 09 Jun 2005 14:07:46 GMT
Danilo Tommasina (No Signature) wrote:
> we are observing memory leaks in our web-application when redeploying in a web-context

Just a quick first though before reading your post in detail...

Do you know that the Servlet reloading functionality in
Apache Tomcat "Manager Web Application" is not meant for production use,
and that it is a well-documented 'feature' that the ClassLoader cannot
re-use memory and that you _will_ get memory leaks when using this feature
(ie pushing RELOAD of a webapp in the manager app -- see Tomcat release notes
for docs about this).

Howerver, since you also mention JBoss and J2EE redeployment I guess
we won't get away just as easy as "RTM!"? ;)

Regards,
  Martin