db-ojb-user mailing list archives

From Alexandre Borgoltz <alexandre.borgo...@smartjog.com>
Subject Re: Statement pooling
Date Thu, 09 Jun 2005 09:57:44 GMT
Thanks for the complete and fast answer, Martin!

 >Some JDBC-drivers already perform this on the client-side
I am using oracle8i with 8i client jar. Using that -thin- 8i JDBC driver
, the performance tests show there is a huge difference between
*recreating a connection each time - obviously ultimately slow
*using a single connection but re-preparing a PreparedStatement with the
same query - better
*using a single connection and a single PreparedStatement, only calling
setXXX methods between calls to .executeQuery() - the best

I'll check it out very soon. Thanks again!

Cheers,

*Alexandre BORGOLTZ**
*Head of Technology

**SmartJog SA*