db-ojb-user mailing list archives

From Martin Kalén <mka...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Problem borrowing a connection from pool
Date Tue, 07 Jun 2005 08:02:46 GMT
Martin Kalén wrote:
> You are running OJB in a JVM with a security policy. The security policy in
> effect does not allow OJB to programmatically change the access level of
> the ConnectionManager implementation's constructor.
>
> You will need to add something like this to your security policy:
>
>  permission java.lang.reflect.ReflectPermission "suppressAccessChecks";

Google reveals that other user's have been experiencing the same problem:
     http://forum.java.sun.com/thread.jspa?messageID=3614844

...and that this seems to be OJB regression between 1.0rc4 and 1.0.1

ConnectionManagerImpl has a public constructor, why do we need to use
setAccessible? IMO it is a bad OJB pattern to use setAccessible and
allow non-public constructors to be accessed from
ConfigurableFactory#createNewInstance.
Any other developers care to comment on this on the dev-list?

I would say that ClassHelper methods using setAccessible(true) should
be removed, unless there is very good reason or major refactor effort
to prevent it.

Regards,
  Martin