db-ojb-user mailing list archives

From Martin Kalén <mka...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Problem borrowing a connection from pool
Date Tue, 07 Jun 2005 07:59:51 GMT
Oscar Herrera S wrote:
> Hello, actually I decided to write after having spent some time looking on
> the archives and not having found any problem like mine, or perhaps I just
> looked wrong.

It's always OK to ask - if it's a FAQ we will just point you to the webpages. :)

> Actually I'm using OJB 1.0.1 in a project, and I'm having some trouble on it
> when deploying on a Solaris server, it works fine on a Windows machine, but
> is a requirement from the client it must run on a Solaris machine. So
> basically the error I'm getting is
<snip/>
> [03/Jun/2005:11:31:53] INFO (11047): CORE3282: stdout: access denied
> (java.lang.reflect.ReflectPermission suppressAccessChecks)
<snip/>
> [03/Jun/2005:11:31:53] WARNING (11047): CORE3283: stderr:   at
> java.lang.reflect.AccessibleObject.setAccessible(AccessibleObject.java:107)
>
> [03/Jun/2005:11:31:53] WARNING (11047): CORE3283: stderr:   at
> org.apache.ojb.broker.util.ClassHelper.newInstance(ClassHelper.java:194)

You are running OJB in a JVM with a security policy. The security policy in
effect does not allow OJB to programmatically change the access level of
the ConnectionManager implementation's constructor.

You will need to add something like this to your security policy:

  permission java.lang.reflect.ReflectPermission "suppressAccessChecks";

More background on Java security policy in link [1] below.

I see several "com.iplanet.ias.web.WebContainer" in your stacktrace,
meaning that you are running Sun iPlanet aka SunONE J2EE application
server. See link [2] for SunONE security specifics, the "server.policy"
file is what you are looking for to add the "suppressAccessChecks"
permission.

On a side note, you state that your repository_database contains:
	platform="Oracle"
but that you are using Oracle 9i as RDBMS. Change the OJB platform
to "Oracle9i" to get transparent support for large CLOBs and BLOBs
using the thin-driver. If you get any exceptions or warnings in the
logs about failed Oracle-specific init under Sun Enterprise Server
I would like you to post the complete stacktrace/message so that
we can add this as a known J2EE environment in the OJB Oracle platform.

Regards,
  Martin

[1] http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4.2/docs/guide/security/PolicyFiles.html
[2] http://docs.sun.com/source/816-7149-10/dgsecure.html