db-ojb-user mailing list archives

From Martin Kalén <mka...@apache.org>
Subject Re: JDO Query / indexed column
Date Mon, 06 Jun 2005 07:57:55 GMT
Philippe Guillard wrote:
> Then i red somthing i should read before in FAQ section 3.3 "I recommend
> to not use JDO now, but to use the existing ODMG api for the time being"
> and wonder if this would affect my problem too...
> Any suggestion / what i should do next?

If you have any doubts about the status/completeness of the different
APIs included in Apache OJB, you can always check the following page:
  http://db.apache.org/ojb/status.html

If you want to use something production-ready, the choice between ODMG
and JDO is easy: ODMG.

If you explicitly want to use the JDO standard and don't mind the current
plug-in soloution and beta status in OJB you can still stick with OJB JDO.

If you are searching for a production-ready JDO 1 implementation right
now, you are better off with JPOX:
  http://www.jpox.org/

Regards,
  Martin