db-ojb-user mailing list archives

From Bobby Lawrence <robe...@jlab.org>
Subject Re: Incompatible class Exception
Date Thu, 02 Jun 2005 13:34:18 GMT
Yes.
The Struts actions in my web-app lookup my session bean, and pass my
objects.
The session bean methods open a PersistenceBroker, do the store/delete
and closes it.
Therefore, I don't even need OJB in my web-app classpath.
And currently, my 1:n references are implemented w/ Arrays...I haven't
gotten the chance to upgrade to Collections...
--B

Martin Kalén wrote:

> Armin Waibel wrote:
>
>>> Well -
>>> The OJB jar is not in the web-app classpath.
>>> I have the jar in the EJB classpath.
>>> I have removed it and I get the desired effect...the app server
>>> can't find the PersistenceBroker class.
>>> When I use ANY version of > 1.0.1, I get this exception.
>>

>> you mentioned that you use a remote session bean, so your client need
>> org.apache.ojb.broker.util.collections.RemovalAwareCollection
>> class in classpath too, because the serialized objects with 1:n
>> references use this class to store the referenced objects. How does
>> your webApp get access to this class? Maybe you put only this class
>> object in the classpath of your webApp.
>

> Could it be that both ends does indeed (through EJB classpath) have
> access to the same JAR, but RemovalAwareCollection is missing a
> serialVersionUID declaration and therefore deserialization by the
> JVM on the recieving end gives another SUID than
> when it loads the class on the server end?
>
> Is it the same JVM/JRE on both ends? If so, my answer does probably
> *not* apply (since the SUID should then be calculated to the
> same number regardless on how it was loaded).
>
> Regards,
>  Martin

Bobby Lawrence
MIS Application Developer