db-ojb-user mailing list archives

From Martin Kalén <mka...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Incompatible class Exception
Date Thu, 02 Jun 2005 08:07:22 GMT
Armin Waibel wrote:
>> Well -
>> The OJB jar is not in the web-app classpath.
>> I have the jar in the EJB classpath.
>> I have removed it and I get the desired effect...the app server can't
>> find the PersistenceBroker class.
>> When I use ANY version of > 1.0.1, I get this exception.
>
> you mentioned that you use a remote session bean, so your client need
> org.apache.ojb.broker.util.collections.RemovalAwareCollection
> class in classpath too, because the serialized objects with 1:n
> references use this class to store the referenced objects. How does your
> webApp get access to this class? Maybe you put only this class object in
> the classpath of your webApp.

Could it be that both ends does indeed (through EJB classpath) have
access to the same JAR, but RemovalAwareCollection is missing a
serialVersionUID declaration and therefore deserialization by the
JVM on the recieving end gives another SUID than
when it loads the class on the server end?

Is it the same JVM/JRE on both ends? If so, my answer does probably
*not* apply (since the SUID should then be calculated to the
same number regardless on how it was loaded).

Regards,
  Martin