db-ojb-user mailing list archives

From Armin Waibel <arm...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Incompatible class Exception
Date Wed, 01 Jun 2005 19:52:11 GMT
Hi Bobby,

Bobby Lawrence wrote:
> OK - After upgrading to 1.0.3 and the newer version of the
> OJB.properties file, I am still getting the exception:
>
> java.io.InvalidClassException:
> org.apache.ojb.broker.util.collections.RemovalAwareCollection; local
> class incompatible: stream classdesc serialVersionUID =
> -7915096023416965226, local class serialVersionUID = 6853709708973269593
>     at
> java.io.ObjectStreamClass.initNonProxy(Ljava.io.ObjectStreamClass;Ljava.lang.Class;Ljava.lang.ClassNotFoundException;Ljava.io.ObjectStreamClass;)V(Unknown

> Source)

strange, seems that you have two different versions of class
org.apache.ojb.broker.util.collections.RemovalAwareCollection
in your classpath (this is what the exception asserted).
Are you really sure that both OJB jars (web-app and appServer) are the
same? Could it be the case that the webApp or the appServer use some
kind of "jar-cache" that still use an outdated jar?

regards,
Armin