db-ojb-user mailing list archives

From "Dennis Riedel" <Dennis_Rie...@web.de>
Subject This feature is not supported by this implementation - UnsupportedOperationException
Date Fri, 03 Jun 2005 13:07:00 GMT
Hello.
Profile: Cocoon 2.1.7 with OJB 1.0.1 (I guess) on Tomcat 5.5.9 (compat) with Java 1.4.2_08;
postgreSQL 8.0.3
Based on the examples by Antonio Gallardo I tried my own stuff with OJB JDO.

My database has its own Sequence Generator so I don`t want OJB do that for me.

I get the following exception when running my application:
#########
Caused by: org.apache.ojb.broker.util.sequence.SequenceManagerException:
Could not grab next id, failed with
This feature is not supported by this implementation
Creation of new sequence failed with
This feature is not supported by this implementation

	at org.apache.ojb.broker.util.sequence.SequenceManagerNextValImpl.getUniqueLong(Unknown Source)
	at org.apache.ojb.broker.util.sequence.AbstractSequenceManager.getUniqueValue(Unknown Source)
	... 63 more
Caused by: java.lang.UnsupportedOperationException: This feature is not supported by this
implementation
	at org.apache.ojb.broker.platforms.PlatformDefaultImpl.createSequenceQuery(Unknown Source)
	at org.apache.ojb.broker.util.sequence.SequenceManagerNextValImpl.createSequence(Unknown
Source)
#########

repository_database.xml:
#########
<jdbc-connection-descriptor default-connection="true" jcd-alias="postgres-pool" platform="postgresql"
subprotocol="postgresql">
   <sequence-manager className="org.apache.ojb.broker.util.sequence.SequenceManagerNextValImpl"
/>
</jdbc-connection-descriptor>
#########

repository_user.xml:
#########
<class-descriptor class="com.company.project.component.beans.MyClass" table="TABLE">
    	<field-descriptor name="id" column="ID" jdbc-type="INTEGER" primarykey="true" autoincrement="true"
nullable="false" default-fetch="true" sequence-name="boothtypes_bt_id_seq" />
    	<field-descriptor name="name" column="NAME" jdbc-type="VARCHAR" />
    	<field-descriptor name="description" column="DESCRIPTION" jdbc-type="LONGVARCHAR"
/>
    </class-descriptor>
#########

I had this error when I tried it all yesterday. This morning I changed the definition in repository_database.xml
and everything seemed to work. But after I restarted the server, nothing worked anymore.

Is it a MUST DO to configure OJB for a specific database before BUILD ? I just compiled cocoon
with the JDO libraries to get the examples work.
Is it useful to upgrade to 1.0.3? If yes, is it easily to update it in Cocoon?

Thx for any suggestions. I read the archive but there was only one thread I found that was
not further followed up and had no solution.