db-ojb-user mailing list archives

From Thomas Dudziak <tom...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: AW: Location of repository.xml
Date Tue, 14 Jun 2005 08:21:34 GMT
> you're right, but I can not put the config files into WEB-INF/classes.
> The installer has to enter the path to the database (server name, port) into repository_database.xml
during the installation. It should not unpack the WAR file, enter the path and pack the WAR
file before deploying.
> The "dirty way" of defining an absolute path would work for me.

But wouldn't that defeat the purpose of having an installer ?
The installer could perform the deploy by unpacking the WAR file into
the webapps folder of tomcat (that's what tomcat would do anyway), and
then you can create/adjust the configuration there.