db-ojb-user mailing list archives

From Thomas Dudziak <tom...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Location of repository.xml
Date Mon, 13 Jun 2005 21:50:15 GMT
On 6/13/05, Hiller, Frank RD-AS2 <Frank.Hiller@heidelberg.com> wrote:

> I'm using OJB 1.0.3 with Tomcat 5.0.28.
> In my servlet I set
> System.setProperty("OJB.properties",
> "D:/jakarta-tomcat-5.0.28/webapps/MyWebAppConfig/OJB.properties");
> Doing this loads OJB.properties without problems.
> But "repository.xml" is not found though it is located in the same
> directory.

I'd suggest that you honor the location that the servlet spec suggests
for webapp configuration files, which is WEB-INF or - for resources
loaded from the classpath as OJB does - WEB-INF/classes. If you put
your files in there, OJB will find the files automatically (when using
the default configuration), and it will be guaranteed to be portable
across servlet containers.

Tom