db-ojb-user mailing list archives

From Armin Waibel <arm...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Problems with PersistenceBrokerSyncImpl
Date Tue, 29 Mar 2005 18:41:50 GMT
Hi Matthias,

Matthias.Roth@BIT.admin.ch wrote:
> Hello
> We use OJB in a websphere z/OS environment. If I set the
> PersistenceBrokerFactoryClass to PersistenceBrokerSyncImpl as it
> is recommended in the documentation I get following error if I try to
> insert, update
> or delete some thing:
>
> Exception data: java.lang.UnsupportedOperationException:
> In managed environments only JTA transaction demarcation allowed
>  at
> org.apache.ojb.broker.core.PersistenceBrokerFactorySyncImpl$PersistenceBroke
> rSyncImpl.beginTransaction()

In managed environments the tx handling/demarcation is done by JTA, so
it's no longer allowed to use the PB-tx demarcation.

> If I use the PersistenceBrokerFactoryDefaultImpl every thing works 'fine'
> (only the broker get out of
> synch with the container one time per day).

If you use websphere as simple servlet engine without distributed tx,
there is no need to use the JTA integration supported by PBFSyncImpl. If
you use JTA it's mandatory to use PBFSyncImpl and JTA-tx demarcation.

regards,
Armin