db-ojb-user mailing list archives

From Thomas Dudziak <to...@first.fhg.de>
Subject Re: Problems using Oracle LONG with OJB 1.0.1 and JDK 1.4.2_05
Date Tue, 21 Sep 2004 10:14:26 GMT
Armin Waibel wrote:

> Hi Norbert,
>
> first, I never used Oracle, so I don't have the foggiest notion.
>
> As far as I can remember we have a similar problem with LONGVARBINARY
> and fix it by reading data using a stream, see inner class
> org.apache.ojb.broker.util.JdbcTypesHelper.T_LongVarBinary
>
> Maybe we need a similar patch in
> org.apache.ojb.broker.util.JdbcTypesHelper.T_LongVarChar
> too.
>
> Maybe I'm completely wrong ;-)

It could also be JDBC-Driver related. AFAIK all newer Oracle JDBC
drivers are available for JDK1.2/1.3 on the one hand and for JDK1.4 on
the other hand. So you should check whether you're using the right JDBC
driver version for your platform. You can get the drivers here:

http://www.oracle.com/technology/software/tech/java/sqlj_jdbc/index.html

Tom