db-ojb-user mailing list archives

From Thomas Dudziak <to...@first.fhg.de>
Subject Re: extent problem
Date Fri, 13 Aug 2004 14:59:13 GMT
Joose Vettenranta wrote:

> Hi,
>
> it seems that when I try to get Child it also get's SuperChild.. even
> though I haven't said that it should get superchild. All I want is to
> get just Child not superCHild.. Perhaps it's not possible to get like
> this?

You'll need to add a field called 'ojbConcreteClass' so that OJB knows
which class to instantiate. Or you can super-references (in which case
you don't need to duplicate the fields from Child in SuperChild in the
repository file). See here for details on these strategies:

http://db.apache.org/ojb/docu/guides/advanced-technique.html#Mapping+Inheritance+Hierarchies

Also I don't know whether two connections on the same database works.
You might run into problems with the cache. You should definitly have a
look at the different cache implementations provided with OJB:

http://db.apache.org/ojb/docu/guides/objectcache.html

Tom