db-ojb-user mailing list archives

From Matthias Gottschlich <matthias.gottschl...@solutionary.de>
Subject cache and transaction
Date Mon, 05 Apr 2004 12:04:34 GMT
Hello,

since our O/R-Mapping seems to work with the stuff from OJB (i only read
the documentation so far....), i have a question concerning perforamce.
I found many different cache-implementations for ojb.
We need a cache that is:
 1.  one cache per server ( so that multiple threads see the objects,
cached by another thread)
 2.   transaction-safe ( if thread a in Transaxtion TXa create a new
object, thread b in Transaction TXb shouldn't see the ne object before
TXa is committed)
 3.  nice to have is clustering support.

It seems  that 1 an 3 is delivered by OScache. But is OSCache
transactions-safe? Which cache supports 1 and 2 ???

regards
Matthias