db-ojb-user mailing list archives

From Thomas Dudziak <to...@first.gmd.de>
Subject RE: Installation of OJB
Date Mon, 02 Feb 2004 10:57:13 GMT
On Mon, 2 Feb 2004, [iso-8859-1] Ralf Bode wrote:

> Hi thank you,
>
> but i really do only search a "small" solution,
> whichs only builds my internal ojb-talbes.
>
> if was, i would load a deliverd
> obj-core.sql into my database.
>
> this would be enough, i am on a "lerning-trip"
> so tools like xdoclet seams to be "overdosed"

Well you can always create a schema file from scratch - the syntax is not
so complicated
(http://db.apache.org/torque-31/generator/schema-reference.html) - and
then invoke the appropriate ant tasks (see the prepare-testdb task in the
ojb build file, and the xdoclet module docs) to insert it into the db.
If you know your sql, you could even use the core task 'sql' of ant,
though I don't recommend that.

And for you learning trip, you shouldn't need the interal OJB tables
(OJB_***) anyway as they're only required for ODMG.

Tom