db-ojb-user mailing list archives

From "Guillaume Nodet" <guillaume.no...@deliasystems.com>
Subject Memory problems using default cache
Date Tue, 03 Feb 2004 12:52:38 GMT
When using the default cache implementation, i run out of memory when
performing a great amount of object storings with ojb. I saw a post some
weeks ago saying that someone ran into the same problem. An idea was that
the cache keys were not garbaged, even if objects were (via SoftReference).
I also saw that there was an implementation of a LRU cache that was begun
(ObjectCacheSoftImpl). I added the right constructor to it, and used it. It
seems to work great. So my question is: will this ObjectCacheSoftImpl class
will be supported, or should i continue to use my own derived implementation
?

Guillaume Nodet